Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mary had gone back into the unit to check the window sizes or some such thing. "Mr. Abba, I want to be honest from the beginning, so that we don't have an issue later down the line." he paused then took a deep breath before he continued. "I am Gay. I hope that won't be a problem."

"It will only be a problem, if you or one of your friends forgets that I'm not." I smiled my fatherly smile at him.

"That sounds fair to me."

Michael moved in while I was out serving papers. Since the place was half assed furnished all he did was bring his clothes, books, and computer. I found him sitting on the deck reading a book when I got home.

"So Michael you all moved in?"

"Yes sir," he replied.

"Good if you need anything let me know."

"I did want to ask, there is a small electric heater in the bathroom?"

"That must belong to the last tenant. Use it till they come asking for it." I suggested.

"Thank you."

"Isn't it a little cold to be reading on the deck?" I asked.

"Not at all, as I said before I was raised on a farm. It got really cold there."

"Okay, well I'm going to get Dog and fix dinner. See you later I'm sure."

"John?" The voice coming through the cell phone belonged to Mary.

"Yes Mary, what's up?"

"Just called to see if Michael is all moved in."

"He is and all is well. By the way don't worry he told me he was gay. I'm okay with it."

"Good, do you and dog want to come for dinner Saturday night. You know I have a nice doggie bed now, he can stay over. I guess you could as well."

"And which one of us has to sleep in the doggie bed?"

"Dog of course, I haven't gotten that kinky yet." She laughed.

"Damn shame but I'll be over for dinner Saturday about six okay?"

"Perfect," she said just as she hung up the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment