Wednesday, May 12, 2010

If you want to pick up girls of any age just get a puppy. I was told to take the puppy where people were, so he could get socialized. I carried him to every event, I attended. Dog developed a great personality. He also developed a cult following.

"Hey Mr. Abba, can Dog come out and play," Molly asked on more than one occasion.

I always sent the little fellow out to play with her. He was quickly developing a love for women of all ages. Mary often wanted to take him home with her, but I refused. I wanted him to know where his home was not be a gypsy.

"Well if you won't take him to the park for walks yet, I will." She bought him this tiny little leash that would fit him for about a month. I had refused to buy a wimp leash for the dog. Mary however had sprung for the little bit of braid that looked like a Christmas ribbon. They were gone for much longer than Dog could have walked in the park. I was thinking seriously of going to look for them, when Mary came through the door.

"Dog has had his puppy checkup and shots," She announced. "Since I paid for it, if you give me any problem, I will sue your ass for custody." I couldn't tell if she was serious or not.

Dog fit in my life style pretty well. He got puppy food mostly, but also got all my bits and pieces of left over dinner. Since I was losing weight pretty well, there was a bite left over almost always.

The first time I had a sense that Dog had been the right choice for me was when Dog and I were at the park. I got in what might have escalated to a heated conversation, except that I kept my voice low and serious. Some kid was hassling a little old lady and her wimp dog. It was just words, but it began to get on my nerves.

"Kid, it's time for you to move on." I said it quietly but dead serious. Dog growled at the kid as a kind of reinforcement. He was just about to make a smart remark out the puppy, when I stopped him with a warning, "One more word and you are going to need dentures." I have no idea why, but he must have believed me because he left without another word.

"God boy Dog," I said giving him a bit of a doggy chew.

"I think that little fellow would have bit him," the old lady said with a grin.

"I certainly hope so." I laughed as I scooped dog up and took him home.

The box method seemed to house break dog with only a couple of minor accidents. He was proving to be a great choice and a good companion. He watched TV on line with me every night. Actually he slept at my feet while hoping for peanut butter cracker bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment