Thursday, July 22, 2010

Since all we could do was wait for an answer to our offer, Cindy and I went shopping. I needed everything so it wasn't a one hour project. I bought clothes, a cell phone, and a small laptop computer.

At least I didn't have to buy a car. Cindy would be leaving me the car with which she drove me to Wilmington. It had been confiscated from someone, so they could run a false paper trail and award it to me for services rendered. It didn't even have to show up in their budget.

The realtor had warned us that the decision might take a couple of days, so Cindy was making plans for a mini vacation. We were headed to the beach on Wrightsville Island, when her cell phone rang. "Hello," she said. I was glad she didn't answer by identifying herself as a Marshall. "That's good news, so when will they have the repairs complete?"

Obviously in the current real estate market, my offer had looked good enough for them to leap at it. I began making plans in my mind as Cindy tried to split her attention between the busy road and the conversation. "Very well, but we will be keeping check on those repairs."

"Well Eddie, you will soon be the owner of a bike shop." she said as she closed the cover on her phone.

"That's good news, I need to make some calls to order inventory," I suggested.

"Not till I swim in the ocean at least once."

"Aren't you going to hang around till this is a done deal?"

"No, but if you need anything at all just call me. The rent on the rooms is on one of our black accounts, so just stay there until you find a place to live. Are you planning to live in an apartment?"

I had always said not to worry I would find somewhere to live after the shop was ready to go. She accepted that at the time. I imaged that since the pretty much set, she would be antsy to get me out of the government paid motel, and into something where I would have to foot the bill.

"No I think I am going to find a way to live at the bike shop." I replied.

"Well you make damn sure you are not in violation of any zoning ordinances. I do not want to have to contract the locals or to pull your ass out of here. You can see that it is a lot of trouble to se these things up."

"Don't worry, I'll figure something out."

"Well I'll be back for the closing so we can work on it then. They promised to close by the end of the month so we will see."

No comments:

Post a Comment