Monday, July 12, 2010

I fell asleep with the options rolling around in my head. I knew I had to do something for show at least. All I really wanted to do was be a beach bum.

I found the solution to my work dilemma the next morning. I read on line that the push to electric vehicles was on. Electric cars were all the rage in Europe as well as Asia. It looked as though they were about to hit the American streets hard. Since I planned to move to the beach, electric bikes might be a good business. I could at least keep my own hours if I built custom bikes. I had always loves bikes as a kid. The idea wasn't exactly mine, I read a lot about it on several different web sites.

I made the final decision the next morning when I realized that I was tired of take out food. I wanted a place with a refrigerator that had more than ice trays and mustard. I waited until my new handler come into the kitchen.

"Okay Marshall, I have decided I want to build electric bicycles."

"Actually there might be a good market for that in Wilmington. So what do you need from us?" Find me a place to live and build bikes. It would also be nice to have a showroom or something." I suggested.

"Wilson you have to be kidding. You are a white collar criminal, a con man even, What the hell do you know about bicycles."

"I had one as a kid, the rest I can learn. Look your main concern is that I become self sufficient and stay alive. Check with your people and see if the business isn't ready to explode. Especially in a coastal area like Wilmington."

"I'm gonna do that. Yes we want to keep you safe and we don't want to support you for life, but I don't think you have the skill set to build those things."

"I can learn." I replied.

The Deputy US Marshall must have gone directly to the phone, then hidden out in his room until he got an answer. The next time I saw him two hours later he said, "The boss says to find you a place and get you a mortgage and a start up loan. It seems he is a big fan of alternate energy ever since the big boss decided it was the future."

"Well see the big boss and I agree on at least one thing," I said it with sincere laughter in my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment