Saturday, July 17, 2010

I took a good look at Marshall Cindy Tripp as she drove from the parking lot. The Marshall service was obviously generous with their weight restrictions, if Cindy Tripp was any indication. She had to be at least thirty pounds overweight. She was not unattractive but it was in that large woman kind of way. You know all soft and round no corners at all.

During the drive she worked hard to avoid any reference to my crimes. "Since you aren't going to ask about my con of the Sanchez brothers, how do you feel about a political discussion?"

"No politics, no religion, and I know nothing of your background."

"Right?" I said sarcastically. Everyone in the Marshall service seemed to know. My only hope was that they didn't share with outsiders. If push came to stampede, I could always disappear on my own. I had done it previously without the Marshall's help. I expected that I hadn't forgotten how to go about it.

Since it was a boring drive along multi laned roads, and since Cindy Tripp was boring as hell, I passed the drive by napping against the car door. I slept much longer and harder than I had expected to.

"Wake up Mr. Wilson we are here."

Here was one of those modern motels which advertised suites. Sweets were quite a bit different that what I thought of as a suite but hey I could make a sandwich at midnight so I was happy enough. Upon arrival at the third floor suite, I found a two room unit one was a bedroom with a double bed and the other a combo living room and kitchen. The sofa was ugly enough to open into a bed for sure.

I searched the local online multiple listings, while Cindy went for pizza. There were plenty of properties for rent since the real estate market when to hell. I had a list of five addresses by the time Cindy showed up with the pizza.

While we ate she checked out my list. I watched TV while she did the search. It seemed as though the airwaves were filled with cop shows. It had to be a sign. A really bad one to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment