Sunday, July 11, 2010

"Rise and shine Wilson we have places to go and things to do. Have you made your decision yet? I need to get the wheels rolling so you can get on down the road."

"You know this is a pretty important step. It isn't something I want to rush into."

"Well let's put it this way. There is a reason that a safe house is uncomfortable. It's to encourage you to make up your mind. In the meantime come on we are going out to breakfast."

"Oh really, I hope I get to choose where we go this first morning of my freedom?"

"Nope International house of pancakes all you can eat pancake day. Hope you aren't dieting."

"Now I know why you are overweight. I am always dieting. You should try it."

"No thanks, time to be miserable when I am old like you."

"Punk," I said loudly.

Actually the pancakes weren't bad but I certainly couldn't do them justice. I enjoyed the sausage though. Good sausage is a treat for me.

The remainder of the day was spent buying me new clothes. I sick of my handler by five. He was young and fashion forward. I was old and set in my ways. I bought mostly work clothes but I did buy one sports jacket.

I managed to get to the library in the late afternoon. I checked to make sure the account numbers and passwords I had got me into the accounts with my money. If I had a local bank account I could have started moving money around. As it was I had $800 from the private post office box in Atlanta. It was more than enough since Uncle Sugar was footing the bills at the moment.

When we got back to the safe house, the punk kid named Charlie asked, "Did you really con the Sanchez brothers out of ten million?"

"More or less," I replied.

"How?"

"I sold them some gold to laundry their money. The gold coins were bulky so I convinced them to buy gold certificates instead. The certificates looked real good, but they were worthless."

"Amazing," he said. "Those guys run one of the five larges coke cartels in the world and they fell for that."

"Yeah," I replied. What I didn't bother telling him was that men who made a lot of money at one thing, always thought they were smarter than everyone else about everything involving money. It just aint so. If you check, you will find that doctors are the easiest marks for that very reason.

I went to be with him still puzzled as to how I pulled it off. I had a partner of course. It was of course the lovely Eleanor. Eleanor worked for the gold bullion company. She arranged the delivery of the first gold sales. After I had the Sanchez brothers hooked, I just printed off the certificates and she vouched for them. It was simple as long as we both knew to get the hell lost afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment