Saturday, April 10, 2010

When I awoke on Monday morning, Francis had gone and I was happy about it. Francis was a fine person, and she was great to sleep with, but not someone I wanted around all the time. She and I had spent a few days together after my divorce, so I knew what I was talking about.

I took my morning walk, even though I was tired. Yes Francis could wear any man out. Hell she might be able to wear out a complete college basketball team. Well at least the starters.

The walk was pretty uneventful to be sure. I mean, I saw a lot of the regulars and I said good morning to them. I even spoke to a few people, who I had never seen before. Since there was nothing on the trail to occupy my mind, it roamed between the bike motor and battery issue, and then swung a totally different direction to Francis of course. I smiled a lot since both were at least qualified success stories.

"What the hell were you doing last night and do I need to call the police?" Misty asked it with a grin. She was standing in the front yard of the condo. She was obviously dressed for school. She was wearing navy blue utility garb. It was the standard police uniform for rough areas or dirty duty.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," I replied smiling.

"You were gone all weekend and then we hear what sounded like someone being murdered in your apartment. Molly had to go out to make sure your car was in the drive. We saw your car and a strange one parked behind it. It took a while for us to realize it was a woman and she wasn't in pain." Her smile was huge. "She wasn't in pain was she?" I shook my head. "Pity, If she is going to be a regular we might have to move. We do need our sleep you know, or you could invite us to watch. We could brings some friends and sell tickets."

"As could I dear, and I would make a hell of a lot more money." It was my turn for the wicked grin.

"Alright, but if that woman comes back I want to meet her. One of you has a secret I need to know."

"No secret she just has a low pleasure threshold."

"Right, modest as always," she replied. I just smiled.

Misty had caught me coming home from the walk, so she got in her car and drove away. I went into the house to drink more strong coffee, while I searched the web for battery information. From the same bicycle forum, where I learned about the homemade ebike, I found instruction for the construction of a Nimh battery pack. The cost was only 25% more than buying the much heavier lead acid batteries. I did even more research on ebay, then I placed the order even though delivery would be several weeks.

I was torn between the one project for which I had all the components and just taking the day off to sleep and watch TV on line. Since I hadn't slept well the last two nights, for very different reasons, sleep and TV on line won. It was a totally wasted day and I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment