Saturday, April 3, 2010

I went to bed late since I continued to read whatever I could find on the Internet. I slept in only a few extra minutes. I drove directly to the park. I found that it was much easier to walk first thing. All during my walk I tried to think of a way to change my menu without blowing my diet all to hell. I was sick of both eggs and cereal. I just didn't know whatever I could have and stay true to the diet thing. I had lost 12 pounds in a month. From all the things I read, it was excellent progress. I didn't want to waste it, so I tried to come up with something more appealing, without breaking the calorie bank.

I found a biscuit restaurant with a drive thru and a sausage for 350 calories, that was close to the microwave egg sandwich, so I figured I would go for it once a week. The first day that I had one for breakfast, I took it and a large black coffee to the reservoir. I sat in my car, while I watched the water skiers slip over the calm water. I slowly ate my biscuit while drinking my coffee. I thoroughly enjoyed both the view and the sandwich.

I didn't go so far as to pick a day of the week for the morning treat, I just decided that once a week I would leave the house with a thermos of black coffee, then drive to the restaurant. I could take my walk after the picnic breakfast. It did mean that I would have to go a long time on peanut butter cookies before dinner. I was sure that once a week I could handle it..

The next morning it was back to the old routine, but I was comfortable with it as well. The walk gave me plenty of time to think. It also gave me time to do a little soul searching. If I had been in a 12 step program, I would have had a lot of people on my apology list. Since I wasn't I just shook my head and felt bad for about two minutes.

The second sausage biscuit morning I got the call from Susan. Since I had already written a check to the state dept of revenue for the license, all I had to do was stop by her office pick up my new license. After that I would be in business as a courier, licensed process server. I was officially an officer of the court again. As a courier service I could carry freight, not that I had any intention of ever carrying anything that wouldn't fit in a briefcase.

I left Susan's office with a copy of the license, and three more names and addresses. As per my insistence, I also had their place of employment and the make, model, and license number of their cars. It was more information than I needed, but it was better to have it an not use it, than to needed and spend hours trying to run it down.

I checked out the papers in my car and found that I had two men and one woman on the list. Since Susan's office was in Williams, I served two subpoenas there before I returned home for the last one. On that service I got cussed out. I had been cursed before so I just smiled and said, "Thank you." Nothing pissed off an angry man as much as someone who was bigger and badder but wouldn't play along. If he wanted to get his ass kicked, he would have to go to a red neck bar with that attitude.

I stopped by the 'T.. Time Store' on the way home. I knew the owner, so getting a rush order of mixed sized tee shirts with my new logo wasn't a big problem. Even rush, it would take three days. He explained that he just took the order, someone else printed them. With a three day turn around I knew they were not printed in china. I probably could have gotten them online cheaper, but I didn't really want to risk it. I wanted them right or I wanted someone to hold responsible, so I paid a little more I'm sure.

The next morning I emailed the delivery conformation notice to Susan. I explained that I had the signatures to back up my delivery claims. My cell phone rang a few minutes later.

"Check your bank account, I just transferred 90 dollars into it."

"Thanks for the prompt payment."

"It was a pleasure since you served the papers so quickly. I know a couple of other attorneys who could use your service," she suggested.

"Not just now, but maybe later."

"Okay just keep it in mind." she demanded.

No comments:

Post a Comment