Tuesday, December 29, 2009

the plan

We left the compound at nine the next morning. There was no rush to be on the road we had a long drive and then a long wait. So we had a large leisurely breakfast before getting into the van for the fourteen hour drive.

We drove one of the company vans from the compound. Planes leave paper trails, as do trains, and buses. The best way to get from the compound to the Florida based fishing boat was by the company van. The van had a logo very close to one of the air freight companies. The cargo was five men and a quarter ton of arms and ammunition.

During the long drive we went over and over the plan. I didn't like my part in it all that much, but it was what they paid me well. They paid me not to like it, if I did like it, the pay would have been less I'm sure.

We were expected to reach the fishing cabin outside of Fort Meyers around midnight. We would sleep in one tourist/fisherman's cabin until the next morning. At that time we would drive to a private dock and board a run down fishing boat for the trip to Cuba. We would lay of the coast with the nets out till well after dark. Then we would make the quick run into shore.

Eddie, my spotter, and I were going to guard the approach while the others grabbed the mad scientist. I read a lot about the North Koreans and their nuke program. I figured the mad scientist had something to do with that. The N.K. madman might just be getting ready to do a nuke deal with one of the Castro boys. The Government of the people would not be happy with that at all. Even the wonder boy would have to do something. It looked as though we were the something.

Guarding the approach meant killing anyone in a uniform who got near the hotel's rear door. Jason was going to guard the front door from inside the hotel. Between the two of us, we might be able to buy a few minutes if the feces hit the oscillating device. Of course it was just as likely that we would all be killed. It was not a very large operation but sometimes those are the safest, I told myself. I told myself that but I double checked my life insurance policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment