Friday, August 6, 2010

That's how I met Shelly. We had dinner at 7:30 and sex at 10:00.. In between we talked about this and that. We even managed to walk on the pier on Wrightsville Island. When the sex happened it was a surprise, at least to me. With women one never knows since they are in control of that part of life.

Shelly was a nice just under middle-aged lady. She had blonde hair, and I was pretty sure it wasn't what god had intended. It was far too even to have been natural. Even so it was well done, I supposed.

Shelly was attractive in that skinny washed out country girl kind of way. Yes you can take the Southern farm girl off the farm, and you can put her in nice clothes, and even inside a bank, but she is still a Southern farm girl. I really didn't mind her country girl looks or her rather deep drawl. It was the fact that she was still married that bothered me some.

"Oh my husband is away and he knows I go out with other men. He understands that I get lonely." she said over dinner.

"Oh is he away on business?" I asked.

"Not really, he is in the state penitentiary." I was more than a little surprised by that. I mean she had been a date set up by a cop for God's sake.

"Oh what did he do?" I asked innocently.

"Assault with a deadly weapon. He really didn't plan it, he just lost his temper."

"And how much longer is he going to be away?"

"About five more years before he comes up for parole."

"Well I would appreciate it, if our relationship stays just between us."

"Of course," she answered. "That is also the deal I made with my husband. I would wait for him, if I could see other men. He would never ask about them and I would never talk about them.

Even with the thought a violent felon for a husband, Shelly still managed to keep my interest up. At least she kept something up long enough to get it done....

"What the hell were you doing?" I asked Jen gin on the phone.

"What? you didn't like Shelly?" she asked with that smile in her voice.

"Of course I liked Shelly. I just didn't care for the idea that she has a violent felon for a husband."

"Yes, but it will be years before he is free. Even then, he has a lot more men to get to before he reaches you. At least he does if he works Chronologically." She broke into a laugh.

"Why did you do it?" I asked.

"You looked like you needed it. After all you have also been away. I figured you and Shelly had something in common. I mean you did time, and she is married to a guy in prison."

"Oh you looked me up?" I knew she would so it wasn't a shock.

"I'm a cop, of course I looked you up."

"So next time I ask you out either accept or just say no. I don't think I want you fixing me up again. You have a weird sense of humor." I replied then clicked the phone off.

No comments:

Post a Comment