Monday, August 2, 2010

"Tell me you aren't making friends with the local police. Eddie that would be a very bad idea."

"I thought you said this ID would hold up to any scrutiny?"

"Of course it will, you might not though."

"Trust me I have been questioned by the best, and I held it together. Besides it was just a lady who happened to be a cop."

"She is also a cop who just happens to have female plumbing, She is always going to be a cop first."

"I'm counting on it," I said hat with a huge smile. "What can be less suspicious than a guy who dates a cop. If I had anything to hide, surely I would find someone else to date."

"You know she will run your background and find the bit you did in the federal prison camp?"

"I'm counting on it," I replied. "Spread the word around that I'm a harmless nerd and they will leave me alone. I don't have any books to juggle, except my own."

"If this goes sideways, you are going to be on the run," Cindy informed me.

"I know and I'm not interested in doing that again. I'm going to be very careful."

"Good, so when will you have the shop open?"

"In a couple of weeks if I keep my nose to the wheel. I probably will do some sight seeing while I wait for the inventory to arrive,"

No comments:

Post a Comment