Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Hello," I said into the phone. I knew I sounded irritated because I was. I had answered the phone a dozen times while trying to spray paint a bike frame. I had decided to make a couple of stealth bikes, so I was spray painting them urban camo. Three different shades of gray went on one bike and the other had brick red and mortar gray colors.

"Nice, I hope you don't plan to sell many bikes with that attitude," the voice replied.

"If I don't get back to work, I won't have anything to sell. So what can I do for you?" I thought the voice belonged to Jengin but I wasn't sure.

"Your name came up in an investigation. I wanted to give you a heads up. I don't think the Ds will be talking to you but just in case, you might want to get your records together."

"What records?"

"You sold a bike to a woman named Lucille Monroe. She evidently wrote you an angry email."

"Yes she did. The bitch wanted her money back, so I gave it to her."

"Get your records and have them ready. Not too ready though. I don't want them to know I gave you a heads up."

"So what are you investigating?"

"Homicide, I can't say any more."

"Geese what happened to her. She must have pissed someone else off with that attitude of hers."

"What attitude is that?"

"She didn't listen to the explanation or read the brochure before she bought the bike. She kept it a month then swore it never worked right. I had one of the other guys check it out since I couldn't find anything wrong with it. She just realized that she couldn't ride it to work everyday. It does rain down here now and then."

"Well, I don't think I would call her a bitch, if the Ds come around."

"I probably won't. Thanks for the heads up."

I was on the phone to Cindy within five minutes. "So they probably won't come around but if they do, how do you want me to handle it?" I asked.

"I have to ask Eddie. Did you have anything to do with this mess?"

"Hell no."

No comments:

Post a Comment