Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Did you have any kind of relationship with her, other than dealing with her about the bike?"

"None whatsoever," I replied truthfully.

"Then tell them the truth. If it looks like they are going to compromise you call me before you do anything else."

"Fair enough," I replied, then rang off.

I rode my Rhino bike to the shop. I chose it over the fancy expensive bike, because I had a lot less invested should I have an accident with it. Also it was more fun because it got noticed. There was no doubt in anyone's mind that it was a power bike.

When I got to the shop, I checked to make sure everything was where I had left it the night before. The bike builder wasn't due in until 10 A.M., so I had the place to myself. I rounded up all the paperwork and computer records of the transaction with Lucille Monroe. There weren't many, just a few emails from her about the bike. There was the original sales contract and a receipt signed by her for the return of her money for the purchase price of the bike.

As a matter of fact the bike was still in the showroom. I had planned to put it into the rent/lease program but just hadn't needed it so far.

In my record search I realized the one things I didn't need was a through search of my records. It was in my best interest not to be a person of interest in her death. I hoped that there were some real leads. I didn't need to only person she ever pissed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment