Friday, January 15, 2010

We were less than a hundred miles from the Swamp Thing compound when Gloria spoke, "You do know she is faking?"

"Faking what?"

"She speaks english."

"Yes I know,' I replied silently.

"Since she speaks english, and pretends that she doesn't, I am a bit concerned."

"Gloria honey, I hate to break it to you, but you are already dead. There isn't a lot that should worry you."

"Not so, if she gets you killed, what happens to me then?"

"I never thought of that," I whispered.

"We need to know what is going on."

"For now we just watch and wait. It will all be over soon."

We were forced to make on last stop for gas. Kim went to the ladies room while I stood outside the door. I had decided hours ago that baby sitting her was all show. She had nowhere to go and knew it. She didn't want to go home, so it was us or the long sleep for her.

One thing had been bothering me and I decided that it was time to clear it up. The bathrooms were down a dead end hallway, so we probably wouldn't be interrupted. I pushed my way into the ladies room. I picked her from behind while she was washing her face. I pushed her against the wall and began putting pressure on her neck.

"Now you are going to answer me or I am going to strangle you. You might not understand this but it is important for you to know what I know, and then to answer a question for me."

She nodded. Just as I had thought, she understood every word.

"I know this whole thing is a sham and that's fine. I know why you did it and I can't fault you for it. What you have to know is that I know there had to be a shoot out for you to sell the kidnap story. What I want to know is did you call the security police or did the one of those who came for you."

"I don't know who called."

"Then you are going to die in this stinking bathroom," I applied more pressure to her throat. The look of panic told me she was ready to tell me anything to save her life. "So who was it."

"It was me."

"You got at least three men killed. Was it worth it?"

"You probably think I am a terrible person but yes it was worth it. I could not stay and if I just left everyone I know would have been killed. It was a selfish thing, but yes it was worth it."

"Just so you know, I am pissed. I am pissed because that could be me in that hospital in Florida. Other than that, I can understand."

"Can you forgive me?"

"I don't do forgiveness. God and I have a deal, even though we both kill people only he forgives."

"Will you tell the others?"

"No, but you tell me who knows you planned to do that?"

"None of your people know. I don't think any of them will figure it out. They will know only if you tell them."

"Then you better keep an eye on me from now on. If some of these guys knew that you set them up, they would kill you."

"I know. I thought you were going to do it."

"I try not to kill unless I'm being paid."

No comments:

Post a Comment